360° views over the entire City of Lights
Description: The Eiffel Tower polarized public opinion when it was built, before eventually winning people over to become the beloved icon that it is today. Not so with Tour Montparnasse, which is universally loathed as a monstrous eyesore. However, it has unparalleled views of the City of Lights. If you long for a view, and the crowds at the Eiffel Tower are giving you a headache, this is your place.
Ugly it may be, but the Montparnasse Tower has Europe's fastest elevator - which will whisk you up to the 56th-floor observatory in just 38 seconds. From there you can enjoy spectacular 360 degrees views of the city. Plus, with the viewpoint indicators, films, touchscreens, and exhibition, you'll find yourself learning a whole lot about the French capital.
The 56th floor also houses the city’s highest restaurant, Le Ciel de Paris. So you can have fine dining with an equally fine view. But maybe 56 floors isn't quite enough for you; in that case, you can continue on up to the outdoor observatory on the 59th floor. 210 meters above street level, this is the place to cast your gaze across the city, hum a little Edith Piaf, and hold the hand of whoever you're with.
Address: Tour Montparnasse - 33 avenue du Maine, Paris
- April 01 - September 30: 09:30 - 23:30
- October 01 - March 31: Sunday - Thursday, 09:30 - 22:30, Friday, Saturday and one day before a bank holiday: 09:30 - 23:00
- The last elevator departs 30 minutes prior to closing time
Get an amazing view of Paris that includes the Eiffel Tower (and doesn't include the hideous Tour Montparnasse). That's win-win!
Looking out at the world's most romantic city from 210 meters, you may feel inspired to write a poem or sketch out a work of art that eventually sells for millions. Maybe not - but you never know
With fine dining on the 56th floor, and an open air observatory on the 59th, the Tour Montparnasse offers the best view and some of the best food in the city
- The entrance of the Montparnasse Tower is located on the Rue de l'Arrivée side
- When you arrive at the Montparnasse Tower, you need to follow the panoramic visit signs
- Your smartphone ticket gives you direct access to the elevators to the 56th floor
Tour Montparnasse - Map